As a result of the continued consequences of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, on this date and after consultation with public health officials as necessary, I, Alex M. Azar II, Secretary of Health and Human Services, pursuant to the authority vested in me under section 319 of the Public Health Service Act, do hereby renew, effective October 23, 2020, my January 31, 2020, determination, that I previously renewed on April 21, 2020, and July 23, 2020, that a public health emergency exists and has existed since January 27, 2020, nationwide. The public health emergency has been extended for another 90 days (January 23, 2021) This renewal, in conjunction with the national health emergency declaration issued by the President on March 13, 2020, means that PTs and PTAs in private practice and facility-based physical therapy providers will continue to have access to the temporary Medicare regulatory waivers and new rules that afford providers the flexibility to respond to COVID-19 pandemic, including telehealth coverage. Access the notice here.
In The News
- October 5, 2020 – Portal for Reporting How Relief Money Was Spent Opens Jan. 15 — With a Change October 6, 2020
- October 2, 2020 – New CPT Code 99072 Available to PT & OTs Could Help Offset Coronavirus-Related Expenses October 6, 2020
- October 2, 2020 – Renewal of Determination That A Public Health Emergency Exists October 6, 2020
- October 1, 2020 – The President signed into law a bipartisan government funding bill that averts a shutdown and will relax Medicare loan repayment terms for healthcare providers. October 6, 2020
- 2020 Annual Business Meeting June 23, 2020